SLP Curriculum 2006-2007:
Recommendations: Index Summary
The SLP Curriculum, year 2006 - 2007, provides a Master Index to all PSPUG tutorials (over 380 tutorials). The Self Learning Programme is a Self Paced program this year to allow participants to choose not only which tutorials they wish to pursue but provides links to the various features, tools, and techniques that PSP users will find helpful as they develop their skills in using PSP.
The Index is organized by PSP features, tools and particular techniques. Thus, one may find specific tutorials to meet their interests and needs in learning PSP. The Master Index has links to the specific PSP features tutorials.
- Version 10 users will be able to use tutorials written for versions 8 and 9.
- Version 8 users will be able to use most of the version 9 tutorials except the Art Media
Tools which are specific to Version 9 and 10.
- Version 7 users will need to have a good working knowledge of their layout and tools in order to translate some instructions for use in Version 7. However, many of the instructions in other versions are able to be done in Version 7.
Using the Curriculum: Index Summary
- Beginners and New Users of PSP: Do the beginner lessons first linking to your version.
- Experienced Users of PSP: Review the Beginner Lessons for techniques and information about features.
- Users of Versions 8,9,10: Plan on doing tutorials in Version 7 as many of these tutorials have very good information on using PSP and on techniques for creating images.
For all users, new and experienced, the Curriculum and its parts are accessed from the main PSPUG Site, SLP Programme. A brief and general SLP Curriculum Overview is also posted on the SLP Forum.
Lessons Overview: Index Summary
- Getting Help: Help with any tutorial is available by posting your question(s) in the SLP Forum. (SLP facilitators that where available in previous years are not being used, so please post questions and comments in the forum.)
- Posting: There are two ways to post in regard to the SLP Curriculum:
- Questions and Comments:Questions and comments should be posted in the SLP Forum.
- Posting Work: Post either/both in the SLP Forum and/or in the Member Gallery.
- Using the Member Gallery.
- Register (may use same username/password as in other PSPUG resources
- Select the SLP Album
- On left, use 'Select Items'
- Use Browse Button to locate your picture
- Include your name in the Comments
- Upload it.
Basic Lessons Index:
PSPUG has various pages on its web site that are specific learning tutorials. These tutorials are by Version (7,8,9) and were established to introduce New Users on How to Use PSP. Users new to using PSP should begin here and link to their version's tutorials. (Users of Version 8,9,10 will find any one of these Version Tutorials helpful in learning PSP. Experienced users will also find these tutorials useful for specific techniques.)
Main PSPUG Tutorials Index Page
Techniques And Tools:
This section of the Curriculum is
organized by various techniques and tools which explore
specific features of PSP. This section includes tutorials
written for versions 7, 8 and 9. Thus, one should have a
basic familiarity with their version's layout and tools as
some of the specific instructions in the tutorial are
specific to a version but can be translated to the approach
to be used for any version. Users of any version are encouraged to explore tutorials of any version. Main PSPUG Tutorials Index Page
||Tools - Toolbar
Fun And Challenging:
This section of the Curriculum is organized to provide a variety of tutorials that users will find interesting, fun, and will also include links to other Author web pages where permission have been granted to use their tutorials for our curriculum. This section of the Curriculum will be updated on a regular basis.