Reviewed by Joyce Turner
Plugin Galaxy is a set of 20 Photoshop compatible plugins containing over 120 different preset effects and an unlimited number of variations. These plugins work in many applications under windows 95/98/NT.
Download: A Demo version is available for download: Windows & Mac: http://www.thepluginsite.com/products/download.htm With the demo you get two free plugins. On the same page there are also links to the 31 page illustrated manual and to the full download of the program if you wish to purchase it.
Description: Plugin Galaxy is a set of 20 Photoshop compatible plugins containing over 120 preset effects and an unlimited number of effects achieved by changing the dialog controls. These plugins work in many applications in Windows 95/98/NT: e.g.
- Adobe ImageReady
- Adobe Photoshop (Version 4 or higher)
- Adobe PageMaker (Version 6 or higher)
- Adobe Illustrator (Verson 7 and higher)
- CADlink SignLab (Version 5 and higher)
- CiEBV Photoline (Version 5 or higher)
- Corel Draw (Version 7 or higher)
- Corel Photo House (Version 2 or higher)
- Corel PhotoPaint (Version 7 & 8: only outside selection masks, Version 9: fully functional)
- Corel Xara (Verson 2 or higher)
- Fractal Design Detailer
- Jasc Paintshop Pro (Version 5 or higher)
- Macromedia Fireworks (Version 2 or higher, but only within selections)
- Macromedia Freehand (Version 8 or higher)
- Megalux Ultimate Paint (Version 2 or higher)
- MetaCreations Bryce (Version 4 or higher)
- MetaCreations Painter (Version 5 or higher)
- Microfrontier Digital Darkroom (Version 1.2 or higher)
- Micrografx Picture Publisher (Version 8 or higher)
- Microsoft PhotDraw 2000
- Right Hemisphere Deep Paint
- SPG Colorworks:WEB (Version 4 or higher)
- Ulead Photoimpact (Version 4 or higher, but only within selections)
- Ulead PhotoExpress (Version 2 or higher, but only within selections)
- Ulead Gif Animator (Version 3 or higher)
They haven't been tested, but should work in:
- Adobe Photoshop3
- Adobe PhotoDeluxe
Cost: Cost: Cost: $49.95. For PSPUG members, there is a special price of $39.95. The member must email Harald Heim at email@example.com and tell him that they wish to purchase the Plugin Galaxy and that they are a member of the PSPUG. Use this Link to view the presentation of the Plugin Galaxy on The Plugin Site.
Platforms: Windows 95/ 98/NT
Support: There is a tutorial available at : http://thepluginsite.com/products/plugingalaxy/orderpage/Tutorials/TexEff.htm as well as a download of the online manual. One can also email Harald Heim at firstname.lastname@example.org
Installation: Plugin Galaxy installs as a plugin in the Plugins folder of Paint Shop Pro. This enables it to work on a single layer or a selection or an entire picture. There are directions for installing the plugin into Adobe Photoshop4/5, Adobe Illustrator 7, Adobe PageMaker 6, CIEBV Photoline5, Corel Photo-Paint 8, Corel Photo House 2, Jasc Paintshop Pro 5, Macromedia Fireworks 2, Megalux Ultimate Paint 2, Metacreations Painter 5/Fractal design Detailer 1, Microsoft Photodraw 2000, Micrografx Picture Publisher 8, Right Hemisphere Deep Paint, SPG Colorworks: WEB 4, Ulead Photo Impact 4, Ulead Gif Animator 3, and Ulead PhotoExpress 2 in the online manual.
Key Features: Plugin Galaxy installs easily, is simple to use and has many varied effects which are quickly created using the simple interface with the various types of controls listed in the Dialog Elements.
The effects are:
- Alpha Tool
- Bluuur Tool
- Breakfast Tool
- Coolorize Tool
- Cryptology Tool
- Edge Tool
- Feedback Tool
- Fusion Tool
- Glass Tool
- Grid Tool
- Instant Mirror Tool
- Noiseee Tool
- Pop Art Tool
- Rainbow Tool
- Sunshine Tool
- Star Tool
- Synthesizer Tool
- Warp 1 Tool
- Warp 2 Tool
- Zoom Tool
Final Thoughts: Plugin Galaxy is a delight to use. There are unlimited variations of the extremely interesting effects which can be applied to all or parts of the image. This program is a terrific tool for creating a variety of unusual and lovely effects.
What the PSP Users think about Plugin Galaxy
E-mail the Reviews Administrator at:
email@example.com if you'd like your comments added to this page.