As in previous version, one activates the New Image dialog by either going to File || New, clicking on the "New" icon in the Standard toolbar or pressing Ctrl+N on the keyboard.
Creating a new image (or canvas) is very much the same as in previous versions. However, there are more options available now in the New Image dialog. Thus, it is much easier now to set various options.
The new features:
Presets: There are now a number of presets available for different types of images. Just click on the little down-arrow in the Presets box to view all presets available. (More about the saving of presets below.)
- The Image Characteristics information has also got a new layout and makes creating new images very easy:
- Check either Raster Background or Vector Background for the type of image to start with.
- Set the Color Depth as in previous versions.
- Check the 'Transparent' box for a transparent background or uncheck it for a colored background.
- When using a colored background, clicking on the 'Color' box will bring up the Materials dialog from which one can select the background material wanted.
- Then click on OK to create the new image.