B. Illustration #1
1. Duplicate the Background Layer to preserve basic setup.
2. Add a New Top Layer
3. Either Enter Your Name with the Text Tool using the
biggest or fat font possible:
– Font = Arial Black
– Style Stroke = Null (right click on arrow and set to null)
– Style Fill = Solid and Color = Black
– Textures are both Null
– Size = 72
– Kerning = 300 to spread out the letters
– Leading = 0
– Antialias = Checked
– Floating = Checked
– Move Text to middle of Canvas using the Shift and Arrow Keys
Use a shape with as many curves as possible and fairly
large in the Center of your canvas. Consider using the
Draw Tool and Free Hand and just draw a shape with many
4. Save the selection being used:
– Selections || Save to Alpha
– Click on the Delete Key to remove Color.
– Finally, use: Selections || Load from Alpha to save just the selection.
– Foreground = White
– Background = Light Grey (192, 192, 192)
6. Use Effects || 3D Effects || Chisel
– Size = 15 or 20
– Background Color = Checked
– Click on OK
7. Duplicate the Canvas Window || Duplicate
8. Go back to original canvas and use Control+Z until
the chisel effect has been removed. Then use Chisel
again but reset the size = 8 - 10. If your selection
is not showing, first use Selections || Load from Alpha.
9. Just compare the two chisel effects of different sizes.
Comment: This image is nothing fancy. It only shows you the
basic technique for using Chisel on a textured background.