SLP CURRICULUM -- 2. Continuing the Basics -- November 2005
Back to Index
In this month we continue with basics and learn how to create a new canvas and making images fit (resize). We are setting the stage for the creating of backgrounds.In the SLP section we explore using the retouch tool, Chrome Effect and a way to enhance photographs.Our Challenges continue on how to create particular backgrounds.
A. Beginner Lessons (Although oriented toward those new to using PSP, all users are encouraged to explore these tutorials for additional information on various topics.) To begin any project one starts with a New Canvas and wants to know how to change its size and preserve its quality when saving the finished product.
B. SLP Programme
- Creating a New Image
- Changing Image Size (Changing size and its affect on quality )
Prof's V8 Tutorials:
- New Images (Creating New image and a background.)
- Making Images Fit (Various ways to resize images.)
- Creating a New Image (New look and features)
1. Review the Beginner Lessons.
2. Tutorials: This month we have three different tutorials focusing on effects and techniques. Using the Retouch tool is a tool that often helps to enhance photographs that might appear grainy. In PSP there are filters or effects that can create some interesting results as in the Chrome Effect. Learning various techniques in working with photographs allows us to find new and helpful ways to make photographs better..
This month we continue to explore different ways to make backgrounds for our web site as well as how to uniquely identify them using a watermark.
2. Extra Credit: Select a tutorial from either PSPUG web site or any other web site or one of your own tutorials. Provide not only your completed work but a brief paragraph of the techniques used and give credit by listing the URL and the original author.
Self Learning Programme Information
- Participants to have a web site to display their work.
- Participants work through the monthly curriculum at their own pace (no weekly mailings are done).
- Participants use the Forum, Blog, and Web Chat as needed to discuss issues, ask/answer questions and explore related information about using PSP per the monthly theme.
- Participants are assigned Facilitators who are available for help.
- Participants contact their Facilitator when lessons are complete for the Facilitator Critique.