SLP CURRICULUM -- 4. The Materials and Layer Palette and their options -- January 2006
Back to Index
Facilitator Assignments .
In this month we explore the Palettes particularly the Materials (Color) and Layers Palettes which are the most frequently used palettes in PSP. In the SLP section we use various effects and techniques to create frames from masks, oil paintings from photographs, a glass bowl effect, and an Air Brush Painting. Our Challenges this month include more on 3D effects of a realistic shadow and enhancing photograph edges with masks and a unique flood fill effect with masks.
A. Beginner Lessons (Although oriented toward those new to using PSP, all users are encouraged to explore these tutorials for additional information on various topics.) This month we explore the both the Materials and Layers Palette, two of the most used palettes when creating images and enhancing photographs.
B. SLP Programme
- Custom Colors - Color (Materials) Palette> (Using the Colors (materials) Palette)
- The Layers Palette (Exploring the Layers Palette)
- Various Palettes and finding Help (What are the Various Palettes and how to find Help)
- More on the Materials Palette (A detailed look at using the Materials Palette.)
- Materials Palette (by Prof) (Another detailed look at using the Materials Palette.)
- The Materials Palette (Exploring the Materials Palette and its various options)
- The Layers Palette (Exploring the Layer Palette and its various options)
1. Review the Beginner Lessons.
2. Tutorials: This month we use various techniques to create images and effects including a glass bowl, Masks, and Air Brush Painting and an oil painting from a photograph..
This month are challenges using various effects and techniques and tools to create shadows, Edges on photographs and a unique flood fill tool mask effect.
2. Extra Credit: Select a tutorial from either PSPUG web site or any other web site or one of your own tutorials. Provide not only your completed work but a brief paragraph of the techniques used and give credit by listing the URL and the original author.
Self Learning Programme Information
- Participants to have a web site to display their work.
- Participants work through the monthly curriculum at their own pace (no weekly mailings are done).
- Participants use the Forum, Blog, and Web Chat as needed to discuss issues, ask/answer questions and explore related information about using PSP per the monthly theme.
- Participants are assigned Facilitators who are available for help.
- Participants contact their Facilitator when lessons are complete for the Facilitator Critique.