SLP CURRICULUM -- 3. Begin to Create Graphics -- December 2005
Back to Index
This month we start to work with images beginning with backgrounds. In the SLP section we continue with the effects of a stained glass effect and aging photographs. The challenge this month begins to explore perspective and using the Deform tool.
A. Beginner Lessons (Although oriented toward those new to using PSP, all users are encouraged to explore these tutorials for additional information on various topics.) It is time now to start creating graphics by beginning with backgrounds. Also review the previous months challenges on creating backgrounds and borders.
B. SLP Programme
- Seamless Backgrounds
(How to Create seamless backgrounds for Web Pages)
- Bordered Backgrounds
(More on Bordered Backgrounds)
1. Review the Beginner Lessons.
2. Tutorials: The effects we explore this month include creating a Stained Glass Effect and Aging Photographs.
This month we begin to explore how to create 3D images using shadow effects. We also have one additional tutorial for creating Web Page backgrounds using the Opacity Effect with a helpful discussion on seamless backgrounds.
2. Extra Credit: Select a tutorial from either PSPUG web site or any other web site or one of your own tutorials. Provide not only your completed work but a brief paragraph of the techniques used and give credit by listing the URL and the original author.
Self Learning Programme Information
- Participants to have a web site to display their work.
- Participants work through the monthly curriculum at their own pace (no weekly mailings are done).
- Participants use the Forum, Blog, and Web Chat as needed to discuss issues, ask/answer questions and explore related information about using PSP per the monthly theme.
- Participants are assigned Facilitators who are available for help.
- Participants contact their Facilitator when lessons are complete for the Facilitator Critique.