SLP CURRICULUM Month 1
SLP CURRICULUM -- 1. Let's Begin -- October 2005 Back to Index
In this month the theme is 'The Basics'. Developing a framework of understanding of the PSP program, its layout, toolbars, palettes and features makes one confident in completing various types of tutorials. And, then as one gains experience they find themselves creating great graphics and mastering photo enhancement techniques.
A. Beginner Lessons (Although oriented toward those new to using PSP, all users are encouraged to explore these tutorials for additional information on various topics.) This month we begin to get acquainted with the layout of PSP and to identify key features such as workspace, tool bars and palettes.
B. SLP Programme
- Getting to Know PSP (Layout and identification of toolbars, and palettes)
- Graphic Formats (The various file types and recommendations when to use each,
a tutorial all users will want to review)
Prof's V8 Tutorials:
- Introduction (Overview of the various areas, toolbars and palettes)
- Basics and Options (New images, menu items and file formats)
Prof's V9 Lessons
- Intro (Overview of the v8 program)
- Set Up (Setting up PSP, workspace and customizing toolbars)
- Workspace #1 (Customizing Toolbars)
- Workspace #2 (More on Customizing toolbars and palettes)
1. Review the Beginner Lessons particularly on setting up PSP as a workspace and review of Toolbars and Palettes.
2. Tutorials: Barbara Townsend explores various techniques to create backgrounds, gradients, customized initials and creating a doily. These techniques will show various ways to set up Gradients and patterns as well as how to create interesting designs.
1. For those who are using v8, 9, 10 this month's challenge is to explore how various backgrounds are created that can be used on web pages. These tutorials are written for V.7, though the techniques described will work for any version PSP. These tutorials are written by Kawliga.
2. Extra Credit: Select a tutorial from either PSPUG web site or any other web site or one of your own tutorials. Provide not only your completed work but a brief paragraph of the techniques used and give credit by listing the URL and the original author.
Self Learning Programme Information
- Participants to have a web site to display their work.
- Participants work through the monthly curriculum at their own pace (no weekly mailings are done).
- Participants use the Forum, Blog, and Web Chat as needed to discuss issues, ask/answer questions and explore related information about using PSP per the monthly theme.
- Participants are assigned Facilitators who are available for help.
- Participants contact their Facilitator when lessons are complete for the Facilitator Critique.