SLP CURRICULUM -- 6. Brushes and Masks -- April 2006
Back to Index
This month for beginners we will explore using the Paint Brush and Air Brush to create pictures. Also, we will explore how to import or customize brushes as well as using the new Brush Variance Palette for V8. In the SLP section, we work with masks and the Sinedot Filter as well as other tools and effects to create frames around pictures and create Easter Eggs. The challenge this month explores a number of PSP effects that alter and enhance images and photographs including the Bevels and the Deform tool.
A. Beginner Lessons (Although oriented toward those new to using PSP, all users are encouraged to explore these tutorials for additional information on various topics.) This month we explore using the Brushes and their options (Paint Brush, Air Brush and Brush Variance Palette) as well as how to import brushes. There are some techniques in these lessons that will show one how to use approaches in using tools.
B. SLP Programme
- Using the Air Brush (Using Preset Shapes.)
- Preset Shapes (Explore the Air Brush.)
- Brushes - A Relief Pattern (Creating 3D with Brushes)
- Importing Brushes (How to set up/import Brushes)
- Brushes - Variance Palette (*intermediate* Using the Variance Palette -New Feature)
- Paint Brush - Teddy Bear (Using Brushes to Paint a Teddy Bear.)
- Magic Wand (New look and features)
- Dropper, Crop, Move Tools (New look and features)
1. Review the Beginner Lessons.
2. Tutorials: This month we work with Masks to create Frames around images and photographs, work with the Sinedot Filter and create Easter and Fabrage Eggs.
This month we explore using various effects to alter and/or enhance images and photographs.
2. Extra Credit: Select a tutorial from either PSPUG web site or any other web site or one of your own tutorials. Provide not only your completed work but a brief paragraph of the techniques used and give credit by listing the URL and the original author.
Self Learning Programme Information
- Participants to have a web site to display their work.
- Participants work through the monthly curriculum at their own pace (no weekly mailings are done).
- Participants use the Forum, Blog, and Web Chat as needed to discuss issues, ask/answer questions and explore related information about using PSP per the monthly theme.
- Participants are assigned Facilitators who are available for help.
- Participants contact their Facilitator when lessons are complete for the Facilitator Critique.