SLP CURRICULUM -- 9. More Effects and Animation -- June 2006
Back to Index
The Beginner Lessons in this final month explore various effects with photographs and how to create tubes and a signature tag. For the SLP section we work with interesting effects finishing the Covered Swing, a quick and fun Watermelon and a neat way with bevels to create a melt effect for letters. For our Challenge we explore animation creating an Angel, a Snow Globe and a Blinking Eyes Kitten.
A. Beginner Lessons (Although oriented toward those new to using PSP, all users are encouraged to explore these tutorials for additional information on various topics.) In this final month we explore various effects with photographs and how to create tubes and a signature tag.
B. SLP Programme
- Cutouts & Chiseled Buttons and Using Hot Wax (Making different kinds of buttons)
- Photo Auto-Enhancement (Adjust menu and auto enhancement functions with photographs)
- The Lens Distortion Effect (Lens Distortion to create interesting options with photographs)
- Framing a Photo with Patterns (Making patterns from photographs for use in frames)
- Fixing Photos and Creating Tubes (How to create Tubes)
- A Signature Tag (Various features to create a signature tag)
1. Review the Beginner Lessons.
2. Tutorials: For our final month we continue with interesting effects finishing the Covered Swing, a quick and fun Watermelon and a neat way with bevels to create a melt effect for letters.
This month explore animation creating an Angel, a Snow Globe and a Blinking Eyes Kitten.
2. Extra Credit: Select a tutorial from either PSPUG web site or any other web site or one of your own tutorials. Provide not only your completed work but a brief paragraph of the techniques used and give credit by listing the URL and the original author.
Self Learning Programme Information
- Participants to have a web site to display their work.
- Participants work through the monthly curriculum at their own pace (no weekly mailings are done).
- Participants use the Forum, Blog, and Web Chat as needed to discuss issues, ask/answer questions and explore related information about using PSP per the monthly theme.
- Participants are assigned Facilitators who are available for help.
- Participants contact their Facilitator when lessons are complete for the Facilitator Critique.